Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas Mail

Salthouse Post Office Post Box LA13 20
I was about to take a picture of the postbox where I post all my mail, with its fresh coating of snow, when out of the corner of my eye saw the red Royal Mail postal van appear, click. Could I get it again, on no the lights are turning green
it was on its way 'post-haste' delivering parcels.  The 'post must get through' delivering letters and cards
 Furness Abbey Approach from Abbey Road
like this one. A painting of the ruins of the12th Century Furness Abbey, built in local sandstone.  It sits in a natural amphitheatre, which when the Cistercian monks settled there, was called the Vale of the Deadly Nightshade.  Whenever I see one of John Duffin's paintings on a postcard it gets added to my collection.  Although he now lives in London he paints the place where he was born (Barrow in Furness) extensively. This is actually a Christmas Card which I am sending via the web to you my reader and sending wishes for a Merry Christmas.


A joint post for Gemma of Greyscale Territory's Weekend Mailbox and Beth of The Best Hearts Are Crunchy's Postal Friendship Friday.

5 comments:

viridian said...

Thank you for your post. happy christmas!

Snap said...

Wonderful post! Enjoyed the photo of the post box and van. Happy Christmas to you and thank you for the card of Furness Abbey!

Postcardy said...

"Post" sure has a lot of meanings.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Some wonderful photos here! The postcard is absolutely stunning with beautiful atmosphere!

Enjoy a great Christmas!

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy PFF to you and a very Merry Christmas .
Thank you for sharing this beautiful image with us a perfect postcard for such a wonderful season.
Until next time
Happy Trails