Monday 26 September 2011

Little Man

As I have been pounding the art galleries in Liverpool this weekend how appropriate it was to have just received this card. I did see one lone Picasso but not this little fellow because although the card came from Germany this postcard is from the Picasso Museum in Málaga.  The painting is his 1969 "Retrato de hombre con espada y flor(portrait of a man with sword and flower) where he reinterprets one of Velazquez's dwarfs
I love all the little details in Picasso's portrait  especially the hob nailed boots one sole of which seems to have come loose.

My sender Edcgz hopes I like this "funny Spanish hero". Yes I do and thank you. 

2 comments:

Aimee Dars said...

What a great card! I've never seen this Picasso before.

Mina Menon said...

thats a interesting koncept of a blogu hv here!