Sunday 26 December 2021

Christmas

 

2012: Christmas (Design - Inga-Karin Eriksson)

Gather around the Christmas tree.  Santa has delivered his presents

1998: Greeting Stamps

and now he is off to ski.

2021: Christmas Nativity (Design - Jorges Cocco)

The heavenly host as imagined by the Argentinian artist  Jorges Cocco, now in hi 80s,  who calls this his sacrocubist style "illustrating sacred events with the styling of the post cubist movement"

Each stamp of the set has a distinct colour. This is a booklet stamp the sheet stamps have a bar code on the side which reportedly has confused some people who have been tearing it off😂

Merry Christmas Wishes to Everyone

Sunday Stamps theme this week is - Christmas - celebrate at See It On A Postcard




5 comments:

FinnBadger said...

I received a couple with the barcode - I think that's the first time I've seen one on a Royal Mail stamp.

Love the 2012 Swedish stamps, and snowboarding santa is a lot of fun.

Mail Adventures said...

Me too, I have got one with the barcode. It's appearing on stamps from more and more countries.

I wouldn't associate a snowboarding Father Christmas with France, but I agree it's a fun stamp.

violet s said...

Actually, I think Santa has moved on to snow boarding. But he does seem to be having so much fun!
The Swedish ones have quite a subdued colour palette.

viridian said...

Is the barcode supposed to be on the stamp on the letter? I am confused.

Joy said...

It is part of the stamp Viridian like a tab so they go on the letter as one piece,