Sunday 19 December 2021

Winter

 

1989: Europa: Children's Play (Design  S Morken)

If there is snow there has to be a snowman and this one even gets a hat.

2006: Winter in Art

  • Prince Eugene of Sweden bought Bourdelles's sculpture of Hercules preparing to shoot the vicious Stymphalian birds for his palace in 1918.  Once he decided where to install it in the grounds the prince painted it many times.
  • Lelle Kalle by Sven Ljungbergs. Lungbergs lived in Ljungby where Lelle Kalle was a well known local personality and here he is at the train station.
  • Modification  Over Winter Landscapes by Philip von Schantz
  • Hoarfrost on Ice by Gustaf Fjaestad 

Sunday Stamps theme this week is - Winter - Wrap up warm and travel to See It On A Postcard

4 comments:

violet s said...

that is one well dressed snowman in Norway.
There's something rather lonely, almost melancholic, about the Swedish scenes.

Mail Adventures said...

The snowman scene is fun. I used to see much more snow when I lived in Morocco, and I always carry a carrot whenever I went to the mountains in the winter :)

The Norway stamps look really beautiful to me.

viridian said...

The Swedish stamps are great.

Bob Scotney said...

1989 was the last year I worked in Norway but I had left before the Christmas stamp was issued so it is new to me.