Sunday 23 May 2021

Queen

 

2000: Definitive (From a photo by Rigmor Mydtskov Designed and Engraved Martin Morck)

Queen Margrete II in her Greenland costume with an eagle soaring above water and cliffs.

2012: 40th Anniversary as Queen (Design - M Melbye)  

She must like a bit of symbolism. My first thought was there were three lions but no, the one at her feet looks like a very big dog; Irish wolfhound?. Her own real dogs are dachshunds just a little different. The same stamp was also issued in Greenland and the Faroe Islands.

 

Sunday Stamps II theme this week is - Royalty - See It On A Postcard.

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I prefer the first costume!

violet s said...

I love her knitted sweater/cape!
I also like all the silvery grey elegance in the second stamp.

viridian said...

I like the first stamp!

Bob Scotney said...

New to me even although I spent a lot of time in Denmark.