Sunday 9 May 2021

Buildings

 

2001: Botanic Garden (Design Bent Olesen Hystrom; Engraver Arne Kuhlmann)


In the centre of Copenhagen is this palm house in the Copenhagen University Botanical Gardens. There are a complex of glass houses in its 10 hectares of informal gardens.. The Palm House is the oldest, constructed in 1874, and it comes with a cast iron spiral staircase. I wondered whether I had any other glasshouse stamps, alas it seems not so instead I turn to houses with gardens

or at least from the pictures, lawns.
2014: Jersey Architecture Manor Houses (Design - Nick Shewring)


But I spot a fine wisteria on Longueville Manor.

Sunday Stamps II theme this week is - Buildings - at See It On A Postcard

 

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

Beautiful stamps. Glass houses fascinate me.
And so does the wisteria.

violet s said...

... the wisteria reminds me of Bridgerton, in perpetual full bloom throughout the entire series.
There is a greater variety of styles than I would have expected on an island.

Ana said...

So many lovely stamps here! Love botanical gardens and should definitely pay a visit to the Copenhagen one!
The wisteria is a nice detail :)

Bob Scotney said...

Despite many visits to Copenhagen I never saw the Palm House - now I wish I had.