Thursday 4 July 2024

Map

 See It On A Postcard's Thursday Postcard Hunt is in need of maps and waymarkers so

lets take the road to Denmark, the second happiest country in the world, according to the World Happiness Ranking. It must be true look at all those smiling faces.
Sometimes more than maps might be needed in the land of knights, magic spells, fairies and goblins. In the Brocéliande Forest you follow in the steps of King Arthur, Merlin and the fairies Vivien and Morgan le Fey,

The mysterious Nine Standards cairns, no one knows their origin only that they are very old.  For the day walker reaching Nine Standards Rigg there are excellent viewpoints and to coast to coast walkers these sentinels are a welcome sight because it means

they are almost at the half way point.

5 comments:

violet s said...

So many smiling people just hanging out and being happy in Denmark. But, I think I'd be visiting the mysterious Brocéliande Forest first.
I suspect that coast to coast walk is challenging, but it looks like it has lots of towns for rest stops?

Lisa said...

Yes, they do look happy in Denmark! Those of us in the U.S. seem to be miserable, our rating is quite below some countries I wouldn't expect.

marina said...

I love the first map. The Nine Standards are really interesting: I'll have thread more anthem....

Mail Adventures said...

People seem really happy on the first map. Although I assure you that they looked so when I visited the Brocéliande forest, some years ago.

The link doesn't work (at least, for me), and now I need to know which is the happiest country in the world!

Joy said...

Yes no shortage of villages en route although it does depend on daily millage.
The happiest country is Finland, no wonder they produce happy postage stamps.