Sunday 28 April 2024

Caribbean Sights

1966: Cuban Shells

Imagine a walk along a Cuban beach maybe find some pretty shells, a Measled Cowrie or in the inter-tidal area a West Indian Fighting Conch (Strombus pugilis), where maybe two sea snail eyes suddenly pop out on their stalks
1994: Caribbean Fauna
Look out to sea and a dolphin leaps
1990: 25th Anniversary of  the Oceanology Institute
Fancy a trip on a research vessel?  I would.

See the marvel of a sailfish.
2010: Tourism

Take a dive and seahorses drift past in the warmth of the Caribbean.

Sunday Stamps this week is all at sea with - Marine Life - See It On A Postcard


 


5 comments:

Marina said...

Great variety. I love the shell stamps (I didn’t think to include them). I like the sailfish: pretty.

violet s said...

and yet another seahorse! (can you tell I like seahorses?!)
I would probably jump is any eyes popped out of a shell I was picking up!
The leaping dolphin and sailfish would keep me enthralled for ages.

Mail Adventures said...

In the stamp with the vessel, the fish seem to fly!
Me too, I'm glad I'm seeing so many seahorses today :)

FinnBadger said...

Great stamps, love the sail fish

Lisa said...

Nice stamps! I used to have a shell collection when I was growing up, and those two Cuban stamps depict two that I had. I have a few now, but not a collection, just random shells.