Sunday 15 August 2021

Out of this World

 

1985: Expo 85 World's Fair Tsukuba, Japan (Design Yury Artsimenev)

For the World Fair in Japan Russia decided to go into space with cosmonauts and

the Molniya 1 (Lighting) communication satellite. ( It is  a mystery to me how I read the Sunday Stamps prompt as a W, I blame my new glasses and worsening eye sight, but at least there is an M on this stamp)

Russia went futurist with 'Energy Sources of the Future' and

a city of the future which doesn't look like anywhere one would like to live without a jet pack. It it is in the shape of a leaf. I wonder what that means? Is it organic?
1992: Expo 92 in Seville

For Expo 92 in Spain the theme was 'The Age of Discovery' which celebrated the 500th Anniversary of Christopher Columbus reaching the Americas from the port of Seville. Here we are setting sail from our blue planet to Mars.  Yay another M. 

Sunday Stamps II theme this week turns out to be - the Letter M-  more at See It On A Postcard


3 comments:

violet s said...

Great recovery!
I like the sense of movement on the Russian stamps - another M

Mail Adventures said...

With or without M, these are wonderful stamps. I like specially the city in the future (present?). Looks like a science fiction book cover.

viridian said...

Really like the CCCP stamps. Esp. Energy of the future!