Sunday 1 August 2021

The Imagined World

 

One of my favourtie sets this year was the  'Classic Science Fiction'  stamps issued to coincide with the 70th anniversary of the publication of the Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham (a personal favourite) and the 75th Anniversary of the death of HG Wells, who from the 19th Century "saw the coming century clearer than anyone else" in his novels..  Each of the stamps illustrations has been done by a different artist

Sunday Stamps II theme this week is - 'Your Choice - travel to  See It On A Postcard

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

So you have chosen Reading too! :)
I've got only one stamp of this set, The Day of the Triffids, which is one of the books I haven't read. But I feel like reading it, now that everyone is telling me it is so good!

violet s said...

I know I read Day of the Triffids but cannot remember if I liked it or not. I guess I should re-read it. In fact I have read all of these books.
That's a cool cancellation.

viridian said...

Sad to say I haven't read some of the books pictured here. But I did quite like Childhood's End.

Joy said...

I like the 60s film of Day of the Triffids, not faithful to the book, but enjoyable. The one I haven't read here is the Doris Lessing.