Sunday 30 August 2020

Flags

1992: Protect the Alps (Design - F Dorner)

All roads lead to the Alps in this flag fest.  The mountain range's outer perimeter is uniquely defined by international treaty.  The Alpine Convention which this stamp celebrates aims to protect the environment and have sustainable development.

1989: Europa - Toys (Design - B Linnemann; Engraver - A Kuhimann|)

Maybe these little soldiers will help. The wooden toys are the late Kay Bojesen's creation and I think these are supposed to be his royal life guards with their Danish flag.  Perhaps his monkeys are more famous but the company that bears his name still creates wooden toys from sustainable sources.

1998: Europa - National Festivals (Design - A Kuhimann)  

A horse and its rosette at a Danish Agricultural Show.  If there are cute rabbits in any of those tents then that would be where I would be heading.

2004: 50 Years of the Åland Flag(Design: Robert Jansson)

How delightful it would be to sail around the Åland Islands on this stamp day.

Old Canadian Postcard

 

Sunday Stamps II theme this week is - Flags - flutter over to See It On A Postcard

 

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

All as nice as usual! :)
On the last stamp, the postmark makes the shadow of the flag, what a coincidende.

FinnBadger said...

I don't think I've seen the Aland flag before. And I never thought about the Alps needing to be protected, either.

Great stamp collection today.

violet s said...

We should all be grateful for the Alpine Convention.
I had to look up Kay Bojesen, and oh my, but I love his designs. A bit out of my financial range, sadly.
There is something about the deep, rich colours of the Aland flag that is very striking.

Bob Scotney said...

The Swiss stamp is interesting, and I hadn't seen the Aland flag before.