Sunday 9 August 2020

All Yellow

Felix the Rabbit is doing something I would like to try on this FDC - blowing an alpenhorn.

2005: Felix the Rabbit
Felix is a travelling stuffed rabbit who gets lost at the airport and writes letter home to his owner Sophie as he travels the world.  The stories are written by the German author Annette Langen who has a rather topical webpage at the moment called Felix v Corona complete with bravery medals to download and a letter from Felix (in a variety of languages) to be sent.

1980: PTT Services (Design - Karl Tanner) 
 Here is a letter box for Felix to post his letter before jumping on the postbus to take him to his next destination

1999: 150th Anniversary Swiss Postal Service
as he travels the world

1967: Flags of EFTA countries (abolition of EFTA tariffs) - Design - Rudolf  Mumprecht)
 

I wonder where he will choose next?   

1977: Journey of a Letter (Design - Henri Galeron)

Why not nip over the border to France.

 

 

Sunday Stamps II theme this week is - The Colour Yellow - for all shades See It On A Postcard

6 comments:

viridian said...

I did not know about Felix! Thanks for sharing.

violet s said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
violet s said...

I have seen this Felix before but never knew anything about him. Now I want to read all about his pre-corona travels.

FinnBadger said...

I love Felix, as well as the yellow story you created for us today.

Mail Adventures said...

I read Felix letter, and now I want to read the books :)
I love the rest of the travel on stamps as well. That set of French stamps is one of my ever favourites.

Bob Scotney said...

Thanks for introducing me to Felix.