![]() |
| 1975: Jersey Island Birds (Designer - Jennifer Toombs) |
![]() |
| 1970: Birds Definites |
5c Scaly-naped Pigeon, widespread throughout the Caribbean 10c Mangrove Cuckoo, one can tell by the name where to find this bird $2.50 a flycatcher, the Yellow Bellied Elaenia. South of St Vincent
![]() |
| 1976: Flora and Fauna (Designer - Gordon Drummond) |
![]() |
| 1978: Birds of Grenada (Deign - Gordon Drummond) |
I started with sea birds so I'll finish with one. The stamp identifies this as a Black Headed Gull, a bird of the Palearctic region. The knowledgeable Birds on Stamps site identifies it as a Laughing Gull, which is indeed very similar, especially in summer plumage. The Laughing Gull is a subspecies and permanent resident of the West Indies and Caribbean islands.
An entry to Sunday Stamps theme of - Birds - See It On A Postcard





1 comment:
I always like the birds on Stamps theme. You have many nice stamps today.
Post a Comment