Sunday, 26 July 2026

Stories

 

1997: Europa - Tales and Legends
The Fisherman and his Wife - a fairy story collected by the Brothers Grimm

Rubezahl, a mountain dweller and  subject of many legends in Germany and Eastern Europe
2006: Animal Tales

Favourite children's book animals:- Roald Dahl;s 'The Enormous Crocodile'; Michael Bond's Paddington Bear. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, where a very tiny Caterpillar  consumes many types of foods before eventually turning into a butterfly. It seems it has taken two circular chunks out of the stamp on the journey. Lastly learn the alphabet with Maisy Mouse's ABC here she is dressing up as a Queen but her adventures include balancing on an Elephant's trunk and flying a Kite. The interactive book is by Lucy Cousins.

Sunday Stamps theme - Children's Books - See It On A Postcard 

2 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I ddin't know the first story. The stamp is magnificent!
Roald Dahl is a favourite of mine :)

violet s said...

Apart from Paddington, I think I learned of the other stories only as an adult. What a fun idea to have the holes in the caterpillar stamp.