Sunday 9 July 2023

Children's Art

 

1979: International Year of the Child

The traditional dress of the Faroe Islands

 

a man fishing, although the fish wisely are not being tempted by the line. Two friends; does the blue face indicate it was a cold day? I didn't realise the engraver of these children's paintings was Czeslaw Slania until I scanned them. He did lots of stamps for the Faroes including the first ones they issued as a independent postal administration in 1975. This must have been one of his most whimsical assignments in his long career.

2022: Heroes of the Covid Pandemic

Children from 4-14 from across the UK were invited to enter the competition to design the Covid Heroes postage stamps, 606,049 took part and eventually 8 were chosen for the stamps. I'll always remember all the rainbow children's drawings that appeared in house windows at the time, guess there were even more of those.
1988: Christmas

An unseasonable but cheery Koala Father Christmas

Sunday Stamps theme this week is Children's Art - See It On A Postcard


4 comments:

viridian said...

I love all of these. Thank you for sharing.

marina said...

wow! these stamps are amazing!!!

violet s said...

and what an honour to have your name included on the stamp!

Mail Adventures said...

I love all them! I got the covid series, and I think they are excellent works.
But that Christmas koala stole my heart :)