Sunday 20 November 2022

Photographs


1991: 150 Years of Photography in Australia

 Gears for the Mining Industry, Vickers Ruwolt, Melbourne. The photograph is credited to Wolfgang Sievers and dates to 1967, a print version and Sievers thoughts on it can be seen here   From the factory floor

to the beach.  Bondi' by Max Dupain   From black and white to

2001: Outback Services


colour and a long way from the beach in the Australian outback, but not the postal service, I think the mail in there must get very hot.  The card shows emptiness but

not the stamp.  The colours of card and stamp reminds me of this verse from the Australian poem -

My Country by Dorothea Mackellar

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror –
The wide brown land for me!

Sunday Stamps theme this week is - photography - visit  See It On A Postcard

3 comments:

viridian said...

Thank you for the variety of stamps!

violet s said...

That is a good reuse of materials on hand in the outback!
Reading that link to Sievers, his photograph makes more sense.

Mail Adventures said...

Oh, I just love those colours on the Australian stamp. It's the very image that comes to my mind when I think of Australia!
I'd like my country issued a series of iconic photographies, too.