Sunday 31 July 2022

Urban Views

 

1995: Trams

A photo of a tram in Stockholm on the day the country switched from driving on the left to the right in 1967.  If I had been there on that day I think I would have walked or taken the train...


1976: Views of Copenhagen

Time to take a journey from Copenhagen Central Station to Germany.  Where to go?

1993: 1000 Years of Potsdam

Perhaps Potsdam and go to a concert in St Nicholas Church, their site also promises a 'lively church service'.

2007: 1000 Years of  Fürth

Or Fürth which seems like a place small enough to amble around and enjoy the serendipity of travel. 

Sunday Stamps theme this week is - Urban Scenes - visit  See It On A Postcard



3 comments:

viridian said...

I did not know Sweden switched sides to drive on! I would stay at home the first few days of this for sure. great stamps.

Mail Adventures said...

The first time I read about the switching of the side of driving I was shocked!

I love the travel trough Europe thanks to these nice stamps :)

violet s said...

Trams are quintessentially urban!
I still get blown away by cities that are 1000 years old!