Sunday 21 November 2021

Trees

 

2018: Hampton Court Palace

Highly manicured trees in the Great Fountain Garden at Hampton Court

2019: Forests

and autumn at the National Arboretum Acer Glade

2003 and 2002: Holidays in Austria

The Calvary trees at Heiligenkreuz Abbey brings us


2012: Winter (Design - Ditte Rosenorn Holm)

to winter and one of Denmark's favourite winter songs ' The Snow Lies Heavy' which tells the story of a little bird perched on a frozen branch as it song ushers in Spring,  Ditte Holm's 3 stamp set illustrate the song (I only have this one of a cold winter night).

Sunday Stamps theme this week is - Trees - visit See It On A Postcard 


4 comments:

violet s said...

Those trees at Hampton Court are magnificent!
I'm going to have to look up this Danish song.

Mail Adventures said...

I love all these stamps, and I love also the word arboretum. We have the same word in my language arborètum, but it is not easy to see it in use.

The Danish stamp would do a beautiful Christmas issue.

M said...

I went with Westonbirt stamp as well. Been lucky to wander around there a couple of times...

Bob Scotney said...

We have been to Westonbirt but not when the trees were so colourful. The tress on the right of the Hampton Court stamp look almost artificial to me.