Thursday 8 February 2024

Windmills

 See It On A Postcard's Thursday Postcard Hunt is in search of Windmills so where to start...

 
of course it has to be the Netherlands and the Kinderdijk with its 19 windmills.

2017: PHQ Card series - Windmills and Watermills
 

Head over the channel to Kent and Woodchurch windmill which has a view over Walland Marsh, land that was reclaimed into farmland many centuries ago.

Aland Exhibition Card for Taipei 2015 (30th Asian Int Stamp Exhibition)

Taiwan has huge offshore windfarms but it seems also a traditional windmill.  I like the light in this card, it reminds me of Greece.   The artist Tord Nygren painted an attractive set of Exhibition Cards around the theme of windmills for Aland Post, here is another one under rather stormier skies,


3 comments:

marina said...

I agree with you, the last postcard reminds me of Greece too. They are all beautiful. I wish I could see one in person....

violet s said...

Skating alonside the Kinderdijk would be such a joy.
But, the light in the last one is also pure joy.

Mail Adventures said...

At first sight, I thought it was Greece, too!

Beautiful postcards for a favourite theme.