Thursday 22 February 2024

Houses by Water

 The See It On A Postcard Thursday Postcard Hunt is on the theme Houses. Here are some near water...


En rivière d'Étel

A peaceful retreat on a river at the eastern edge of Quiberon Bay estuary. It seems this land between water  and sandbar is more commonly referred to as a ria, a long salty inlet

On the Suffolk coast Southwold Lighthouse sits among houses handy for the popular Sole Bay Inn where one can sit inside or outside depending on the weather although as East Anglia is the driest part of the UK there is every chance of sunshine.

Heading north and inland to Thornton Beck which meanders through the village of Thornton-le-Dale in North Yorkshire and the much photographed 17th Century thatched cottage 'Beck Isle'



4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I wouldn't mind to live in that house in Bretagne... In the summer, I mean!

I have received so many postcards of Southwold from a friend who used to live near, that I feel I know the place. Of couse, any postcard featuring a lighthouse is my instant favourite! :)

marina said...

The little house in Breatgne seems to be such a peaceful place to be...

violet s said...

It's definitely better to sit outside at the pub next door with your neighbours! The Breton house looks popular with the birds. And a nice escape from a noisy pub.
My favourite part of Escape to the Country is when a potential buyer is won over by thatched roof cottage!

Lisa said...

They are all beautiful, and so different from scenes I've seen, even on postcards. I love the blue mullions, shutters, and door, in Brittany.