Wednesday 22 September 2010

Oregon

 "Scenic Oregon Coast At Sunset"
One of the places I would love to visit having gazed at its beauty in many pictures on photo blogs in the past.  My sender travelled the Oregon coast a few years ago and says that in many places the forests run right into the sea. She would like to go back sometime, you can see why, I can almost feel the sand on my feet.

As you can see the added interest of this card is that it is in the shape of Oregon.  Possibly an additional map may be required if intending to walk the Oregon Coast Trail and a tide table for timing the crossing of stretches at low tide. The length is 382 miles or 425 miles (if no ferries are used) and some creeks will have to be waded through, hight dependent on time of year.

The card came with three stamps, the clock and the wonderful Katharine Hepburn received  here and here

 The middle stamp is the 27th in the American Treasures series issued in August of this year. The title is 'Boys in a Pasture'  painted by Winslow Homer in 1874 who is also famous for his seascape pictures. He spent two years on the Northumberland coast of England which faces the North Sea and also has wide sandy beaches, bays and cliffs however its coastal path is only 64 miles long but it does have a dramatic castle.

Thank you Bonnie Jeanne for this lovely sunset.
 

2 comments:

Christine H. said...

That looks like a beautiful place to visit. I'll have to go there sometime. I say that only half tongue in cheek. This spot may be only an hour and a half from my house, but it seems that we rarely get out there.

EG CameraGirl said...

I have also always wanted to walk the coast of Oregon. I have made it to the state of Washington but never to Oregon!