See It On A Postcard's Thursday Postcard Hunt is Travelling by Car or Bus
A 1904 Renault 20/30 HP Park Phaeton, an early passenger car. The name phaeton seems to indicate speed but perhaps the next car is more likelyto fit the bill.The Lacia Lambda, a groundbreaking car built in Italy from 1922-31. A polo match may have just finished or about to start. The sport is described as "chess at full gallop". Did this early advertising poster equate that to driving a Lancia?.![]() |
| The Square, Northleach |



3 comments:
Look at the length of that Lancia!! My first thought at seeing the last one was all those 70s browns and yellows.
A great collection here.... My mom used to drive a Lancia, but it was half the size of the one pictured in your postcard 😆
I wouldn't want to drive that Lacia Lambda around tight corners! I like the Cotswold image. Funny about the yellow cars. That color used to just be taxis here, but I see few yellow ones at all now. I am always fascinated by "market towns," and why they are called that. so old-fashioned to me!
Post a Comment