Sunday 6 December 2020

Red Is The Colour

 

2010: Visual Illusions (Artist - Youri Messen-Jaschin)

Gravity waves or a wormhole?  Adjust your vision now.  This is one of the Op Art works of Youri Messen-Jaschin  which give the illusion of movement. Mesmerizing.  The full stamp set can be seen here

1986: Childrens Fund - Toys (Design - Ernest Witzig)


Unfortunately I cannot pump this spinning top handle to make it spin into a blur of colour.

1977: Events -  Vevey Vintage Festival emblem
although too much wine can make the world spin. The Vevey Wine Festival in Switzerland only happens every 20 years and is so unique it was awarded  UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage status in 2016.  We have all just missed it as this three week bacchanalia happened last year. 😞. 
 
1986: 50th Anniversary of Swiss Winter Relief (Design - Adolf Flückiger)

It is snowing in Switzerland.  Our weather forecasters have been excitedly trailing for a week that the first snow in the UK is going to arrive soon and it has,  although not in my little corner of England but I can see it on the hills. Unless I strap on my hiking boots

2015: Christmas (Design - Bea Würgler)
I won't be  building snowmen yet but this globe would give me 'snow' all year round..

2015: Greetings Stamps (Design - Julia Reichle and Martina Pelosi)
The ladybirds will be oblivious to the weather as they will be hibernating in their chosen hidey-holes, they gather together by species.  I discovered that the collective noun is a 'loveliness of ladybirds'.  Keep on snoozing in your loveliness.  The ladybird is said to bring good luck.

1968: Northern Bullfinch
 

 Meanwhile the bullfinch will be busy feeding on winter seeds.

Sunday Stamps II theme this week is the - Red -  for more splashes of colour go to See It On A Postcard
 


5 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

The math stamps (I clicked on the link) have really a striking design. I spent a bit of time on that site!

viridian said...

That first stamp is amazing in its design!

violet s said...

That first one had my head spinning! (I wonder which direction everyone else saw it spinning? I saw it going counter-clockwise)
Loveliness of ladybirds is one of the best collective nouns.
It amuses me greatly when Britain gets so excited about snow.

Joy said...

Yes that Maths site is rather addictive.
Yes I can imagine a Canadian would find snow excitement amusing and of course our obsession of whether it will fall on Christmas Day, no question of that for you I think:)

Bob Scotney said...

I like that ladybird stamp and especially the colourful bullfinch. We didn't see many of them this year in our garden.