Sunday 5 February 2012

In The Post

 A lake and silver birch trees what a perfect place to pick up your post.  I can almost hear the birds chirping and fish plopping in the water.   Not only do Finland Posti produce fantastic stamps they also create wonderful maximum cards like this.
 With all the details a collector could wish on the back. This was last years stamp issue on  personal self designed mailboxes of which I have another two
I think if I ever visit Finland, apart from loading up with lots of postcards my camera would be on overdrive clicking mail boxes.

An entry to Viridian Postcard's Sunday Stamps

7 comments:

viridian said...

Delightful! Finland has such wonderful stamps. I have one of these mailbox stamps ona postcrossing postcard from Finland. Thank you for participating.

VioletSky said...

Thank you - I also have (at least) one of these mailbox stamps, but didn't know what it was.
I love the image of the maxi card.

Postcardy said...

That's one of my favorite subjects.

Bob Scotney said...

My Finnish stamps are boring; I'd settle for any of those you've shown.

Lisa B said...

Finland does it again, fantastic stamps!

Ana said...

I really wish I had a mailbox like this...and live somewhere in the nature..I just hope mail delivery would be reliable, even on snowy days :)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I don't think I've seen any of these ones - beautiful!