Thursday, 24 September 2026

Moveable Bridges

 See It On A Postcard's Thursday Postcard Hunt is watching moveable bridges

opening up in Saint Petersburg 

Closed down in Oudewater.The town has both a rope and a witch weighing house museum. Witches were supposed to be very light to be able to fly, they wouldn't have needed to use bridges unless they were travelling incognito.

One of my snaps showing a Dutch bridge open, the traffic lights are at green.

 

5 comments:

violet said...

Netherlands is a good place to find moveable bridges! Nice touch having traffic lights for the waterway.

marina said...

Movable bridges always amaze me! I like the dramatic view of the first postcard: is that a sunset?

Mail Adventures said...

Netherlands is the first country I thought of, as I don't know any moveable bridge around here. But, thanks to Sunday Stamps I am learning that moveable bridges are not so scarce.

pnsoares said...

For some reason, the first image made me think of Waterloo sunset... (Which is a good thing because I love the song...;-) )

Lisa said...

I took a long interesting trip into witch weighing! I hadn't hear that, however it's the same basic thing as tossing a woman into water and if she floated (or knew how to swim) she was a witch. Sink, she'd drown, but wasn't a witch. The sunset in Saint Petersburg is beautiful.