Thursday 11 January 2024

Films and Books

 Thursday Postcard Hunt  this week: Words - Book Covers  and Movie Posters - be careful out there...

Frozen (2005) was filmed locally to me by the shifting sands of Morecambe Bay and won a number of awards. The story is of Kath's older sister who mysteriously disappeared two years ago but who she starts to see. Is it a ghost story or murder mystery? Has  Kath found access to the afterlife or losing her grip on reality?  You never know.
Illustrator Norma Barr

Boo!  You may need something stronger than Chianti to "See Film Differently", Volkswagen's campaign and support for independent cinema.  I was very excited some years ago when I spotted their postcards at my local independent cinema  The posters were displayed throughout the UK

Postcards were also found at my local multiplex this time of Young Adult novels being publicised by Walker Books. The quote on the reverse says "Demons are dangerous, but love is deadly...".  This was the first of Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series described as urban fantasy, looks like we are in London.

The other one I found was for 'Scorpia Rising' the sixth in the Alex Rider teenage spy novels by Anthony Horowicz.  I can never resist free postcards. 


6 comments:

marina said...

Nice collection! I like the mask card, is the lamb or sheep representing the Silence of the Lambs? or nothing to do with that? (love the Chianti comment 😂)

violet s said...

I wouldn't be able to resist either.
I was also thinking Silence of the Lambs when I saw that card.
I haven't heard of any of these, but I am familiar with Anthony Horowitz's screenwriting.

FinnBadger said...

These are so atmospheric, I love them. I also think that I saw more decent free postcards in the UK than in the US

Mail Adventures said...

I've only seen one of these films (The Silence of the Lambs), but the postcards are nice. And free? That's a plus!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post