Sunday 5 September 2021

Industry

1991: Iron Mining
I am taking a trip around the history of Swedish Iron Ore Mining. The first stamp shows the iron ore mine in Norberg and the following stamp a Walloon forge at Forsmarks Bruk, a 18th Century mining village although pig iron had been produced here since the 16th century.

Top row -Bar iron forging at Svarta and welding at the rolling mill at Smedjebacken part of which I think has been turned into a cultural and industrial heritage centre..

Bottom row - Mine in the old mining town of Dannemora and The Blast Furnace at Pershyttan, a small mining town, this is now a working museum

1974: 25th Anniversary- Founding of PRC
From the blue of Sweden to the red of China and someone who seems to be a happy steel worker.  I hope he is not forgetting
1970: Health and Safety at Work (Design - Beat Mader)
his safety equipment, goggles

hard hat
and perhaps a respirator.  As the stamps say - Work Safely. 

Sunday Stamps II theme this week is - Workers and Industry - more at  See It On A Postcard.

.

.

2 comments:

violet s said...

Work Safely - in the three official languages, even.
I really like the blue Swedish stamps. And am glad that these places are now working museums.

Mail Adventures said...

The Swedish stamps are a fine work of art. They made me remember my visit to Falun Mine.

On the Swiss stamps I missed one language :)